Saturday, January 29, 2011

Songs we should NEVER Have to Hear Again

There are lots of songs no one should have to ever hear again. Heck, the entire catalogues of certain artists (Insane Clown Posse, Matchbox 20) and even entire genres (thrash metal, polka, Christian Rap) that largely are, with good reason, utterly verboten... But the parameters here are for popular songs that are sooOOO overplayed, they should never pollute the sonic realm ever again.

In no particular order:


"Sweet Home Alabama" Lynyrd Skynyrd - besides the name of their band sucking to the umpteenth power, this guitar-twanging anthem somewhat reminiscent of Deliverance's "Dueling Banjos" makes the notion of being sodomized by Rednecks more appealing than having to listen to this garbage. The tune is irritating, the chorus' appeal preys on the most simplistic, Chro-magnon urges to say something (anything!) in unison, and if you genuinely like this song we may not be able to be friends anymore.
Skynard's Decor of Choice
"Baby Got Back" Sir Mix-a-Lot- this song had its day, but that day has long passed. I don't think the demographic of "flat-ass-loving" guys have much of a voice anymore, so mission: accomplished; let's stop playing it already! Did we ever find out who knighted Sir Mix-a-lot, by the way? 
 

"I Will Always Love You" Whitney Houston- I possibly hate this song more than I've ever hated anything. I think the chorus (the "I..e-I...e-I..." part, UGH) is the literally the worst sound to ever be heard ANYWHERE. My hell would be to spend eternity trapped in a room with this song playing.

First choice for "Kill Whitney Houston" in Google Image Search
 ****

That is all that comes to mind at the moment, but worry not; there will be sequels to this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment